What does a Postpartum Doula do?
Postpartum doulas help mothers and families to adjust to the many changes that occur when a new baby (or babies!) come into the home. Baby care, feeding help, sibling care and integration, it’s all a part of the postpartum doula experience.
Postpartum doulas work a variety of hours, I prefer to work 3-5 hour day shifts or overnight shifts but I usually accommodate other needs on a case-by-case basis.
I had the joy of spending several days/nights with these twins as a postpartum doula while Mom and Dad got some sleep after a long few weeks in the NICU. We worked through feeding issues and helped to balance night and day care.
Postpartum Doula Services Include:
- An “on your schedule” set of hours to best suit you and your family’s needs.
- Breastfeeding or Formula Feeding help depending on your baby’s needs
- Access to the BirthLibrary and hundreds of breastfeeding and parenting books
- Access to a variety of carriers in order to try to find the “right fit” for you and your baby.
- On-call 24-hour hotline for your needs
- Understanding and compassionate care for you, your baby and your family that helps you to find solutions for any thing that comes up