What types of Childbirth Education do I teach?
I offer a continuum of experience and variety of training styles allowing me to develop a well-rounded and practical way of speaking to moms and partners, looking for what they want in pregnancy and childbirth education.
Currently, I offer sibling, homebirth or birth center-focused childbirth education, hospital-focused childbirth education, breastfeeding preparation, refresher courses and VBAC planning classes. I can also help you prepare for a cesarean if it becomes necessary during your pregnancy. Classes vary according to need including 1-day, 2 week, 4 week and 6-week options.
I host individual and group classes at my home, based on your schedule and individualized to your needs and birth setting. I love the flexibility of helping parents to learn more about birth on their own terms! Have a busy life, travelling spouse or an off-hours work schedule? No problem, we will work it out!
What will your classes include?
- Classes meeting your individual schedule and needs, including options on the basics of anatomy, labor, coping techniques, medications and other pain relief options, laboring naturally, avoiding interventions, how to accommodate changes in needs during labor or birth, possible complications, early breastfeeding and newborn care information
- Access to a Lending Library including over 500 titles covering pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenting!
- Supplies are limited but all clients are offered the opportunity to borrow rebozos, birth balls and other helpful items for labor and birth!
- The option of developing of your personalized birth plan
- Discounted fees if you choose other services
Who am I?
I’m Shannon Mitchell, I hold a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE) certification and also received training with Passion for Birth, FOCEP (Florida Outreach Childbirth Education Program) and Childbirth International. I’ve taught both group and individual childbirth education since 2001 in a variety of settings including pregnancy centers, Outreach programs, county health departments, individual couples and group settings.
Pricing is available upon request at shannon @ exhalebirthservices.com